Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Not actually a Rev... yet

So you've found the blog of Pastor Blair. Good job. The title comes from an acknowledgement that as much as I love the Book of Discipline, I'm not a big fan of rules. Especially when those rules don't make sense or limit the Gospel. But as a young pastor, I can sometimes come across to older generations as a bit unruly. Hence the name.

But for the record, I am not yet a Reverend.

I'm a Licensed Local Pastor in the United Methodist Church, currently serving on Ontario, California. Previously I've served in Hollywood, CA and Chatsworth, GA. I'm a graduate of Candler School of Theology at Emory University and a first career clergy person. I'm in the Ordination Process to become an Elder in the California Pacific Annual Conference, but I'm not quite there yet. Reverend is a title reserved for those that are ordained. But the blog title is so good, I figured I can start using it for now, with an optimistic look towards my ordination process. If we get a few more years into all of this and I'm STILL not officially a Rev, I'll reconsider the title.

For now, enjoy my ministry reflections and sermon snippets here at unrulyrev.blogspot.com

Thanks for following.

No comments:

Post a Comment